Sunday, October 24, 2010

ARTIST SPOTLIGHT: THE HUNDRED IN THE HANDS

When I start to make a post like this I feel like I'm doing an injustice to this blog because this music isn't "DIRTY" enough. But every once in awhile I stumble across a band that is sooooooo good that I would be doing EVERYONE an injustice if I didn't post their music.

The Hundred in the Hands fuse Synth-Pop with Post-Punk and dreamy pop elements, making for a sound that is danceable and airy. This Brooklyn based duo of Jason Friedman and Eleanor Everdell balance their duties with Friedman handling the guitars and beats while Everdell provides vocals and controls the keyboards. They released their debut single "Undressed in Dresden" in April 2010, then an EP "The Desert" in May. With an amazingly fresh sound The Hundred in the Hands is sure to have you pressing repeat over and over.

PS- THE VIDEO BELOW IS LITERALLY THE BEST MUSIC VIDEO I HAVE EVER SEEN. The editing is absolutely phenomenal and the psycho- delusional story line is amazing. (Just go to youtube to watch it) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fixfZTmaVcA

(SIMPLY CLICK ON THE SONG AND YOU WILL BE SEN TO MEDIA FIRE TO DOWNLOAD.... VERY EASY)
Commotion.mp3
Pigeons.mp3

No comments:

Post a Comment